Ceramic Tall Devil w Snakes Figurine Mexican Folk Art Collectible Décor Ocumicho
- Mexican Ceramic "Tall Devil".
- Tall- 19 1/2"
- Width- 12"
- Thick- 4 1/2"
- This whimsical and collectible tall figurine was made by Octavio Esteban Reyes. He learned this wonderful folk art from his native Ocumicho.
- The town is in Michoacán, Mexico.
- Octavio, who began making figurines, mermaids, fish and diablitos at the age of 12, now runs a family workshop in his hometown. His wonderful pieces are favorites locally and around Mexico. They are sold in Mexico, United States and in Europe.
- He resides in Ocumicho, Michoacán, Mexico.
- This is a figurine of a tall devil with a long beard.
- The devil is holding two snakes in his hands.
- This devil and other details are completely hand made and hand painted.
- Ocumicho figurines, diablitos (little devils), figurines and mermaids are important to the region’s religious celebrations.
- Popular with collectors, well-conceived figurines, fish, diablitos, figurines and mermaids can provide a dependable income to traditional artists and Octavio stands out as one of the region’s best.
- The traditional technique for making Ocumicho diablos art starts with local clay, which is abundant in this area of Michoacán. The clay is shaped by hand into figurines, which are then painted with brushes made of human hair.
- The devils and other pieces are used mainly in two holidays in the Ocumicho region, Christmas and Holy Week, where they appear in dances and as decoration.
- Each piece is signed by Esteban
- This is a beautiful ceramic piece can be added to your home, of an office or as a gift.
- We will make sure that your piece is extremely well packed and insured.