Ceramic Hanging Niche "San Sebastian" Mexican Folk Art M. Rodriguez Décor
- Hanging Niche "Saint Sebastian".
- Tall/Height- 11"
- Wide- 6"
- Thick- 3" (including the font).
This exceptional collectible folk art piece was made in Mexico by Moises Rodriguez B.
- His work shop is located in Patzcuaro, Mexico.
- He is a patron saint of archers and athletes and of those who desire a saintly death. He was also venerated as a protector from the bubonic plague and as a patron of plague victims
- As one 5 of Salvador Vasquez' apprentices, Moises learned the technique of Barro Bruñido from one of the “Great Masters”.
- He continues to combine his work with ceramic and wood.
- He has become very interested in preserving some of Tonalá figurative work from the early 1920s and often uses depictions of some of these wonderfully naïve characters and village scenes in his work.
- This lovely niche of "Saint Sebastian" is an amazing piece of art.
- Moises has painted this amazing ceramic niche in beautiful and bright colors.
- Just add holy water, a small plant or maybe keys, jewelry or anything you like in the font.
- Moses has signed this beautiful niche.
- What a wonderful gift for yourself, as a gift for someone special or for your office.
- We will make sure it is extremely well packed and insured.