Antique/Vintage Rare Milagros Natural Wood Shoe Collectible Mex Folk Art Decor
- Wonderful Vintage Shoe Form, Covered with Milagros
- Long- 9"
- Wide- 3 1/4"
- Tall- 4"
- Stunning piece of vintage Mexican folk art composed of an antique wooden shoe form entirely covered in vintage milagros (traditional Mexican votive charms). The charms are attached by nails and may be brass or may be silver plated copper with the silver mostly worn away. The wood of the form is very dark and an actual worn shoe sole has been hammered to the bottom. The bottom of the shoe also has a partial metal plate hammered on to it.
- "Milagros" are pre-shaped three-dimensional wooden figures, including crosses, saints, animals, shoes, bottles, etc. Milagros (also known as an ex-voto or dijes) are religious folk charms that are traditionally used for healing purposes and as votive offerings in Mexico, the southern United States, other areas of Latin America, as well as parts of the Iberian peninsula.
- They are frequently attached to altars, shrines, and sacred objects found in places of worship, and they are often purchased in churches, cathedrals, and from street vendors.
- Milagros come in a variety of shapes and dimensions and are fabricated from many different materials, depending on local customs. They might be nearly flat or fully three dimensional. In Spanish, the word milagro literally means miracle or surprise.
- This is a truly an amazing piece of art. This would be an amazing addition for any collector, your home or as a gift for someone special.