Skeleton on Moon Fishing/Mexican Folk Art "Day of the Dead" Decor Pina Rustic
Wood and cloth skeleton fisherman sitting on half moon.
- Height of Skeleton including moon- 9 3/4"
- Width of moon and Skeleton- 3 3/4"
- Platform- 3" x 4 1/4"
- This remarkable and rustic figurine is a skeleton man fishing on a half moon.
- Note the charming fishes hanging on the pole.
- This was made by self taught Mr. Busmaro Pina from Morelia, Mexico.
- He grew up going to "Dia de Los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" to Janitzio, an island in Lake Pasquaro.
- On the island there is a cemetery where people gather every year to remember their dead.
- People have been burying their love ones for many, many years.
- These pieces of folk art are hand carved with local wood (copal), acrylic paints, wire and glue.
- Mr. Pina works are a reminder of a very, very old custom that has been part of Mexico's reverence for their dead.
- Mr. Pina's pieces are one of a kind.
- Great gift for someone special or for your own collection.