Skeleton with Large Fish Folk Art Mexico Day of the Dead Pina Pina
- Pina Pina, "Skeleton with Large Fish" Day of the dead
- Long- 11"
- Wide - 2 3/4"
- Height - 6 3/4"
- Platform 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- This remarkable and rustic skeleton is carrying a Large Fish.
- This was made by self taught Mr. Busmaro Pina from Morelia, Mexico.
- He grew up going to "Dia de Los Muertos" or "Day of the Dead" to Janitzio, an island in Lake Pasquaro.
- On the island there is a cemetery where people gather every year to remember their dead.
- People have been burying their love ones for many, many years.
- These pieces of folk art are hand carved with local wood (copal), acrylic paints, wire and glue.
- Mr. Pina works are a reminder of a very, very old custom that has been part of Mexico's reverence for their dead.
- Mr. Pina's pieces are one of a kind.
- Great gift for someone special or for your own collection.