New Authentic Mexican Huipil Dress Handmade Hand Loomed Clothing Folk Art Red
- Authentic Huipil Dress from Mexico
- Width- 31 x 2= 62"
- Length- 39"
- Neck Opening- 8"
- This gorgeous huipil is hand loomed by the women in San Juan Cotzoon, Mexico.
- The entire piece is genuine hand woven and hand embroidered.
- This lovely huipil has black embellishments in the front and back of the dress.
- Another beautiful detail is the embroidered and pulled threads on the bottom of the dress.
- A huipil of this quality can take many months to hand weave on back strap loom. The back strap loom is a small hand loom used to make one slim weave at a time.
- The resulting fabrics, known as panels, are usually only 8"- 16" wide. 2-3 panels are joined together length ways to create the base of a huipil.
- In this case there is one large panel, sewed together to make the dress.
- The outcome of years of experience is this truly beautiful yet sturdy masterpiece of weaving.
- This huipil is in the traditional manner in which the huipils are worn.
- You can add a long or short tee shirt and leggings or a skirt for either winter or summer.
- This huipil can also be hung as an art piece or is perfect for the collector or the fashion conscious female.